It is highly recommended that physicians:
- Agree to follow the utilization and quality programs, guidelines and clinical pathways adopted by UP and as applicable to the relevant health benefit or incentive program.
- Participate in the clinical integration program to interconnect, electronically, all physician members of UP.
- Agree to participate in disease registries, electronic prescribing, electronic exchange of information, and electronic medical records.
- Practice quality, cost-effective medicine as monitored by UP for conformance with various metrics and benchmarks.
- Participate with peers in his/her specialty in population health management, or other programs designed to assist members with integration or value-based medicine strategies.