UP’s Credentialing Department:
- Handles physician credentialing and recredentialing for all plans contracted with United Physicians
- Expedites enrollment in contracted plans
- Provides assistance with completing applications for participation with plans and hospitals outside the United Physicians network
- Tracks physician credentials and provides notification of expiring credentials to ensure continued compliance with contractual requirements
- Facilitates notification of provider change information to all contracted plans.
UP recrendentials physician members every three years. Physicians will be notified that they are approaching their three year recrendentialing due date and will be asked to ensure that their
CAQH (Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare) application has a current attestation date and that all information on the application is current. The Credentialing Department will then access the application from the CAQH website and begin the process. The completed recredentialing application will be submitted to the Credentials Committee for approval. Upon approval, a letter will be mailed to the physician informing them of the committee’s decision.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Credentialing Department at 248.593.0150.