If you are interested in potential career opportunities at United Physicians, please send your resume to Nicole Garmo at
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (see below)
PROGRAM MANAGER (see below)
• Organize and validate invoices, requisitions and other documents for processing; encodes and obtain approval when necessary.
• Prepare customer invoices, while enforcing and following proper policies and procedures.
• Print accounts receivable statements by company and due date.
• Run accounts receivable reports including aging reports as requested.
• Apply cash receipts to customers’ accounts.
• Process credit memos as needed.
• Reconcile checks, ACH and credit card payments.
• Prepare bank deposits.
• Review subsidiary journals and worksheets for errors, while enforcing day to day procedure integrity.
• Process and maintain reoccurring billing information for ACH and credit card customers.
• Processing accounts payable checks, enforcing the delegation of authority policies and procedures.
• Accounts payable check distributions by company, project, and cost center.
• Prepare IRS 1099’s and 1096’s at year end.
• Maintain appropriate check stocks and numerical check number control.
• Maintain proper files for audit.
• Maintain shareholder records and reconciliations.
• Clerical duties including preparing copies, scanning and distributing documents as needed for the department.
• Work on Special Projects as assigned.
• Related classes in accounting and/or business, and completion of at least one year of college, and prefer one year of accounting related work experience.
• Good math aptitude and numerical concepts accurate with numbers.
• Good communication skills are essential for interaction with others within the department and with customers.
• Computer proficiency and knowledge of appropriate software for word processing and spreadsheets.
• Ability to check and balance own work.
• Manage the entire project cycle, from project approval to project closure.
• Prepare and maintain project plans and track activities against the plan.
• Develop, clarify and manage the scope of the projects, define deliverables and achieve targeted outcomes.
• Ensure project requirements are achieved within targeted timeframe and within budget guidelines.
• Work with departmental and organizational leadership to design/redesign business processes to meet goals of the project.
• Work closely with UP project management team to ensure alignment with organizational, processes, and policies for project management.
• Demonstrate effective project oversight and control processes.
• Determine methods to streamline existing processes to ensure successful completion of project activities and deliverables.
• Perform cost/benefit analysis of actions and initiatives.
• Prepare and deliver project status reports to key stakeholders including the BUCP Board of Managers and provide project updates on activities and deliverables, as well as risks and mitigation strategies.
• Act as a mentor to less experienced project managers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Administration or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of project management or operations management experience within business, operations, or healthcare related projects.
• Ability to effectively and pro-actively communicate effectively with professionals at all levels and possess excellent oral and written business communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently under frequently changing and competing requirements and work priorities.
• PMP or LEAN project management certification preferred but not required.
• PC proficient with MS Office products including: MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects through the full project cycle.
• Demonstrated ability to identify a project’s critical path and maintain focus on priorities.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.